Friday, August 15, 2008

New Header Background Photo

I have to give credit where credit is due. My husband took this picture in 2005, which was a scary year for hurricanes in general. July. The hurricane was Dennis. We had high winds and minor damage (tree limbs in the road) in our area (SW Florida). A month later was Katrina, of course, putting these little problems into perspective. He tried to drive down to one of the beaches (the one closest to our house at that time ~1 mile away), but the sand from the banking dunes had blown into the road. He stopped and took a picture, then backed up and drove home. At least that's what he told me he did.

So that I like to think of that picture as the road to the sea. Or the road to the Gulf, at least. I cropped the dashboard and windshield out of it, finally got it the right size, and I don't have to worry about copyright. Thanks, Honey.

No comments: