Laundry Room Floor Project:
Part One
Part Two
Part Three
Part Four
But no new pictures, because it still doesn't look like anything other than a bare concrete floor. Today we moved the washer and dryer to the back porch, swept, mopped, removed the paint under the washer and dryer, swept, vacuumed, mopped with a TSP solution, swept, applied Bond-Loc degreaser, mopped about a thousand times.
My parents watched the kids at their house from 11 am - 5 pm (when we joined them for portabello mushrooms and barbeque chicken off the grill, yum), otherwise we would not have been able to do all of that labor-intensive, but largely invisible work today.
The most frustrating part was trying to rinse the floor after the Bond-Loc application. Since this kit is designed to be used on the garage floor and most people's garages have, you know, a door that leads to the outside, usually a driveway, directions are to rinse with garden hose until the "water runs clear." Do you know how many freaking times I would have to pour clean water on the floor and squeegee it up before the water actually ran clear? Apparently more than a thousand. My arms were tired after, you know, scrubbing off paint for the last 48 hours, so I let hubby do one last mopping. He looked at me as if to say, "Is this really necessary?" but I looked back with a clear "Don't make me throw that ESPN magazine in the plastic tarp full of partially dried paint" so he gamely donned the $40 boots he resented buying from Lowe's and I took a shower.
I really want this to look good, or all my pain will have been for naught. Tomorrow my schedule is:
Do all normal breakfast/clothing/teeth brushing prep between 7 and 8.
Take Emily to school at 8:15
Go to YMCA with my sister (toddlers to babysitting room). Cardio only. Have I mentioned my arms are tired?
Talk sister into returning to my house so she can keep eye on toddlers while they zone out to Noggin.
Try one more time to get old red paint off corners of floor. Means donning the hated yellow gloves and sweat-inducing dust mask and protective eyewear to avoid burning burning burning of accidental splatter.
Mop again? Would that mean waiting another day for my beautiful epoxy floor (Honest-to-God slogan: "Enjoy your floor! You'll be the envy of all the neighborhood!")? Can I handle that? Can I wait one more day?
Also, I will post tomorrow about a new way Emily made me momentarily made me feel like a bad parent before I realized that I was actually being a good parent. Confusing, huh? Someday I will also take a picture of her adorable self in her adorable uniform. Tomorrow's P.E. day again, though, so probably not then.
4 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment