Friday, October 17, 2008

We're off to See the Zoo, the Wonderful Zoo of, um, a City near Us

And I remembered to bring the camera, so there should be pictures in a few days. I am not walking around the zoo with the laptop. I've been there twice post-kids, with my dad, Emily, and nephew last year, and with both kids and both my parents and my nephew two years ago. Carlyle has never been, though, and Penny wouldn't remember sleeping through half of it at 9 months old.

The zoo has a special event at Halloween time called Zoo Boo, starting at 7 pm. We're going to do the regular zoo stuff this afternoon, then find a nearby Chili's or something, eat dinner, and come back for the scary. Emily is really into (mild) frightening stuff, and we're hoping that the event is as-advertised-appropriate for young children and Penny doesn't completely freak out.

We just noticed we forgot the stroller. Oops.

Now I am going to study, which is the reason I brought this laptop.

If anyone hasn't laughed and then cried today, go to Halushki's post.

No comments: