Monday, September 22, 2008

Whilst Baby and Kitten Sleep


This is the new sleeping arrangement (photo taken a couple of nights ago). Only mattresses. The husband says it's all a little trailer trash for him, so maybe that means he'll agree to buy these beds sooner rather than later. (I realize I sound a little close to the hated-by-me mode of speech some wives favor, i.e, [clutching pearls at neck] "I do hope my husband lets me buy this ____!" Our decision to buy these bunk beds does not depend on wifely cajoling, but the state of our finances, shaky at the moment. If anything, I'm the more frugal of the pair of us. That said, I do like me those bunk beds.)

No crib does complicate the nap, though (oddly, and thankfully,) bed time has not been a problem. She didn't seem to mind sitting back there for half an hour or more sometimes, even if she didn't fall asleep. But now that she CAN come out, well, we've had to rethink our positions. We're going with quiet time. Today was the first full-on effort. We read books, did the bathroom thing, gave hugs and kisses, and closed the door. She was pretty darned mad. She opened the door once, but we firmly shut it again. She didn't try opening it again, but she did cry, bang on it, throw herself down on the floor (I imagine this is what she was doing). Now she is sleeping.
Not in her bed, on the floor, but still, sleeping.

This weekend we went to the water park downtown. Why don't we do this more often?

We ate lunch downtown, too, at a little ice cream and sandwich shop. The girls got macaroni and cheese, naturally.

After baths, and about a half an hour of TV watching, this happened.


Awww . . .

No comments: